VOLUNTEER WITH BROOKLYN PHIL
Brooklyn Phil volunteers have the opportunity to gain exposure to the workings of a unique performing arts organization and contribute valuable visitor services to a nonprofit institution. Ideal candidates will be punctual, friendly, articulate, extremely outgoing, comfortable with large crowds, and possess physical stamina.
Applications are accepted at all times and kept on file. All volunteer opportunities are filled on an as-needed basis; we contact applicants with the required skills, interests and availability when opportunities become available.
Work at concerts and special events to help assist patrons. Volunteers need to be able to stand for at least an hour at a time (possibly more, depending on event) and communicate clearly and comfortably with the public.
Assist our Education Department with concerts, community outreach, family workshops and more! An interest in education and experience with children is preferred.
Work with the Development, Marketing and Production Departments as needed on mailings and other tasks. Participants must have fine motor skills and be very organized. An ability to copy-edit is also desirable.
To apply, please send one PDF document to our Marketing Department at email@example.com, with Brooklyn Phil Volunteer in the subject line, containing:
1. A resume with two local references
2. A cover letter including brief answers to the following questions.
- Do you have any prior volunteer and/or relevant experience?
- What qualities do you possess that make you an ideal volunteer for Brooklyn Phil?
- Why do you want to volunteer at Brooklyn Phil? What do you hope to gain from the experience?